This week I sat down with Marshall Chiles, Founder and Dudeman of Humor Wins, a business that helps companies looking to improve team dynamics among their staff. As the owner of one of the first comedy clubs in Atlanta, Laughing Skull Lounge, he has been in the humor business for years. He decided to take his knowledge of comedy to help business people learn to add an element of humor to their client interactions and sales presentations. Humor Wins’ team also provides corporate roast services, adding a memorable, interesting element to company events.
Marshall talked about how they take their clients through the process of learning how to develop some humorous comments or jokes that help disarm prospective customers, facilitating relationship building that can lead to a sale. His team also facilitates team building by teaching self-deprecating humor that can foster better communication and reduce tension among the business’s staff.
He brought along Jeremy Wing, Co-CEO of Payscape Advisors, a merchant services and financial technology company. Payscape Advisors provides an array of services and technologies for companies ranging from online invoicing, an online registration platform for schools and camps, access to AR capital, payment processing, and more. Jeremy shared how he came to know Marshall through providing their payment processing services, ultimately becoming a client of Humor Wins.
I met Kimyung Kim, a comedian and word smith who uses improvisational free-style rapping to provide entertainment services for corporate events. We got a demonstration of his skill with him rapping while we gave him random words he integrated into his lyrics.
If your company is looking to attract young, motivated millennials, reduce turnover, and help build closer relationships among your sales force, executives, and administrative staff, you need to get to know these innovative experts.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Management Information Services, University of Georgia
- Founder of Southern Fried Supernova
- Founder of the the world’s smallest comedy club (Laughing Skull Lounge)
- Previous Director, MTV
- Director, RegPoint Solutions
- Investor in numerous businesses such as FINSYNC, KidsLink Inc., Bayan Investment Group
- Recipient of numerous business awards including Top 40 Innovative Company, Atlanta, Top Workplace, AJC, Inc 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies, and others
Kimyung Kim, Speaker/Rapper Kimyung Kim Speaks
- Former teacher, Social Studies, Magnolia Science Academy
- BA, History, Georgia State University
- National Speakers Association volunteer
- Active comedian